Take charge of your health today!
Join us and start your journey to better living. In this program you will learn how to:
- Be active with the whole family
- Plan meals, shop, and save money
- Fill half of your plate with colorful fruits and vegetables
- Find out why you need fiber and how to get enough
- Discover why you still need dairy foods as an adult
- Choose lean protein foods, including vegetarian options
- Make small changes that will lead to healthier living
- Prepare new recipes your kids will love
Receive fun gifts at each meeting!
- “Cooking is a SNAP” Cookbook
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Vegetable scrub brush
- Exercise stretch band
- Food & refrigerator thermometer
- Water bottle
- Cutting mat set
- Silicone spatula
- Insulated lunch bag
- Grocery list pad
This program is presented by the Virginia Cooperative Extension.
Registration is REQUIRED. Please call the Forest Library at 540-425-7002 to sign up.
If you have any questions about this series please contact Amanda Armstrong at 540-586-7675.