Gardening Without A Garden: A Container Gardening Workshop presented by The Bedford Area Master Gardeners Association
Get Creative With Your Gardening This Spring!
Join us for this hands-on workshop where you will learn how to grow a variety of plants in containers…
Big and Small
Traditional or Out-Of-The-Box
Indoors or Outdoors
Specific Topics That Will Be Discussed…
- The benefits vs. the downfalls of planting in a container.
- What type of soil you should use for different types of plants.
- How much space you need to grow vegetables, herbs, fruits, and flowers.
- What plants can share a container and the benefits of companion planting.
- Ideas for non-traditional containers.
All participants will have the opportunity to pot their own plant to take home with them during the hands-on portion of the workshop. The Master Gardeners will also be giving a packet of seeds to any one who attends. A variety of different types of containers will be made available for people to choose from.
All of the plants will be provided by Wipledale Farm Greenhouse Inc. (www.wipledale.com).
- Bedford Central Library: Saturday, May 8th at 11:00 AM
- Big Island Library: Tuesday, May 11th at 3:00 PM
- Moneta/SML Library: Saturday, May 15th at 11:00 AM
- Stewartsville Library: Tuesday, May 18th at 3:00 PM
- Forest Library: Saturday, May 22nd at 11:00 AM
- Montvale Library: Saturday, May 29th at 11:00 AM
Registration is required and space is limited.
Sign up online @ bedford.librarycalendar.com!
Please be aware that at least a portion of these events will be held outside weather permitting. Social distancing will be observed and masks are required.