WHAT WE KNOW RIGHT NOW
Volunteers from AARP are planning to provide FREE Tax Preparation assistance again this year at our Bedford Central Library.
***All packets have been distributed and all appointment slots are currently full.***
- Tax preparers will be available on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- Only 1 person per tax family will be permitted in the room; they will take your tax documents and perform a quick review and interview, after which you will leave the room.
- You will need to have a cell phone available to respond to any questions that the preparer may have. When your return is complete, you will receive a call to come and sign the return.
- Masks are REQUIRED.
If Covid-19 restrictions change (even if the library remains open) they may not be able to provide services this year. The library DOES NOT set the criteria for whether volunteers can provide tax services – that is determined by AARP.
We will keep this information updated if things change.
- For anyone who wishes to pick up paper forms – we have received copies of the 1040/1040-SR Form and the instruction booklets.
- We DO NOT get VA state tax forms/instructions.
- Staff can print additional Forms/Instructions from the IRS website at a cost of 10 cents a page.