WHAT WE KNOW RIGHT NOW
Volunteers from AARP are planning to provide FREE Tax Preparation assistance again this year at our Bedford Central Library.
At this time, we do NOT know when they will start offering their services this year, most likely sometime in February.
- We do know that this year anyone needing tax preparation will have to make an appointment.
- There will be a telephone number to call (NOT the library’s number) to set up a time but that number is NOT available yet.
- You will need to pick up a packet from the library (packets are NOT available yet) and bring the completed intake form along with your tax materials when you arrive for your designated appointment time.
If Covid-19 restrictions change (even if the library remains open) they may not be able to provide services this year. The library DOES NOT set the criteria for whether volunteers can provide tax services – that is determined by AARP.
We will keep this information updated as we learn more about the situation.
- For anyone who wishes to pick up paper forms – the library has not yet received this year’s federal instructions/forms.
- We DO NOT get VA state tax forms/instructions.
- Staff can print Forms/Instructions from the IRS website at a cost of 10 cents a page.