Bedford Public Library Policy
The Bedford Public Library System may distribute multiple free copies of flyers, pamphlets, brochures, and schedules. Materials for distribution in multiple copies must fall within one of the following categories:  government information, local schedules of cultural events, local directory information, library promotional materials, and library-sponsored program handouts.
All Bedford Public Library System locations
To make information accessible in a manner appropriate to the needs of the user and within the bounds of available resources
- The availability of multiple copies of any materials depends on space limitations at any given time in each library agency.
- The decision of a designated staff member(s) will determine whether sufficient space is available and for how long a period of time the material will be distributed.
- Government information: public information materials produced by or in co-sponsorship with city, state or federal government agencies. This category includes:
- Federal, state and local tax forms/information
- Election issues information (not individual candidate campaign literature)
- Local schedules of cultural events: schedules and announcements concerning local performing and visual arts events, and institutional program calendars.
- Local directory information: information otherwise not available in one source or which would require extensive library staff research to reproduce. This category includes:
- Speaker’s bureaus
- Telephone directories
- Directories of specific topics or subjects
- Library promotional materials: items such as bibliographies, contest entry forms, and bookmarks that promote books, reading, writing, literacy, library services, etc.
- Library-sponsored program handouts: information that complements, or is used in conjunction with, a program or display or co-sponsored by the library or the Friends of the Library organizations