Bedford Public Library Policy
The Bedford Public Library System may accept unsolicited posters and dated announcements for display on public service bulletin boards from nonprofit organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual or charitable activities, including information produced or co-sponsored by city, county state and federal government agencies.
All Bedford Public Library System locations
To provide information to the public on current events
- Library sponsored and library related events, or events promoting library service will be given precedence
- Events taking place in or information concerning Bedford City and/or County will be given precedence
- Materials will be posted on a first come, first displayed basis with the following guidelines:
- Materials that fall under #1 and #2 will always be given first consideration.
- Materials advertising events more than thirty (30) days in advance will not be accepted.
- Location of materials at the central library will be determined by the Library Services staff and at the branches by the branch staff.
- Because of space limitations, large amounts or large-sized materials cannot be accepted for posting.
- Information on elections and election issues and events will be accepted only if all sides have an opportunity to be represented or the event is nonpartisan in nature.
- When there is a heavy demand for available space, information may be removed from the boards after one or two weeks even if the event has not taken place.
- Questions arise about the appropriateness of materials will be held for review and approval by the central library manager or county library manager