This is the first in a 12-part Money Smart presentation series at the Forest Library presented by Woodforest Bank*. This month’s topic is called Bank On It. By the end of this course, participants will understand available banking services and how to build a positive relationship with a financial institution.
To achieve this objective, the participants will be able to:
- Identify the major types of insured financial institutions.
- Identify five reasons to use a bank.
- Describe the steps involved in opening a bank account.
- Describe two types of deposit accounts.
- Identify additional bank services that come with deposit accounts.
*You do not have to have an account with Woodforest Bank to attend these financial literacy seminars. For more information contact us at 540-425-7002.