- Appropriate Library Use
- Circulation Policy
- Collection Development Policy
- Emergency Policy – procedures regarding safety & security during emergency/hazardous situations
- Free Handout Materials
- Friends of the Library Groups
- Gifts – policy regarding gifts and donations in support of the library system
- Inclement Weather/Emergency Closing
- Information Technology
- Lost/Damaged Materials
- Lost/Found Items
- Meeting Rooms
- Public Bulletin Boards – describes criteria for displaying materials on public service bulletin boards
- Public Comments at Board Meetings
- Public Internet Use
- Safe Child Policy
- Security Camera Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Telephone Calls for Library Patrons
Take charge of your health today!
Join us and start your journey to better living. In this program you will learn how to:
- Be active with the whole family
- Plan meals, shop, and save money
- Fill half of your plate with colorful fruits and vegetables
- Find out why you need fiber and how to get enough
- Discover why you still need dairy foods as an adult
- Choose lean protein foods, including vegetarian options
- Make small changes that will lead to healthier living
- Prepare new recipes your kids will love
Receive fun gifts at each meeting!
- “Cooking is a SNAP” Cookbook
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Vegetable scrub brush
- Exercise stretch band
- Food & refrigerator thermometer
- Water bottle
- Cutting mat set
- Silicone spatula
- Insulated lunch bag
- Grocery list pad
This program is presented by the Virginia Cooperative Extension.
Registration is REQUIRED. Please call the Forest Library at 540-425-7002 to sign up.
If you have any questions about this series please contact Amanda Armstrong at 540-586-7675.
Your child will enjoy music, rhymes, stories, crafts, and opportunities to engage in creative play in this fun story time for children ages 3 to 5.
Get tips for organizing, backing up, and editing photos, including getting them from your phone or camera to your computer.
Space is limited to 6 and registration is required. Call 540-586-8911 x 1114 for more information or to register.
Join us this afternoon for Family Game Night here at the Montvale Library.
We will have board games and strategy games fun for the whole family!
- Navigating library website
- Basic web surfing
- Identifying secure and dependable websites
- Setting up email
- Meet the Mouse beginner class
Rock-A-Bye Reader is a lap-sit program for babies ages 0-36 months.
Come join us for rhymes, music, movement, stories, free play, and parenting resources.
Come to the Bedford Central Library on 3rd* Wednesday of every month and learn about dinosaurs in detail from a dinosaur expert.
Each child will receive detailed species fact sheets at each meeting.
Registration is required and limited. For ages 5 to 8.
*We will meet on the 2nd Wednesday in November because of Thanksgiving.
Confessions of a Colorholic is open to anyone who enjoys coloring for relaxation or creative expression! Join us every Thursday afternoon from 2 to 4 PM at the Montvale Library. The library provides coloring sheets as well as markers, coloring pencils and pens but you are welcome to bring your own.