This is the sixth session in our 12-month Money Smart financial literacy series at the Forest Library presented by Woodforest Bank*. This month’s topic is called Keep It Safe. By the end of this course, participants will understand how to protect their rights as consumers and how to be financially prepared if a disaster strikes. To achieve this objective, the participants will be able to:
- Recognize how federal deposit insurance protects deposits.
- Recognize how to guard against identity theft.
- Recognize how the various types of insurance will help them manage risks.
- Recognize the need to plan for unexpected death or disability.
- Describe the ways they need to be financially prepared for disasters.
Bedford Central: Saturday, June 9th at 3:00 PM
Big Island: Saturday, June 16th at 10:00 AM
Moneta/SML: Saturday, June 16th at 1:00 PM
Forest: Wednesday, June 20th at 4:00 PM
Stewartsville: Friday, June 22nd at 1:00 PM
Montvale: Saturday, June 30th at 3:30 PM