This is the fifth session in our 12-month Money Smart financial literacy series presented by Woodforest Bank. This month’s topic is called Pay Yourself First. By the end of this course, participants will understand how to manage money by preparing a personal spending plan and identifying ways to decrease spending and increase income. To achieve this objective, the participants will be able to:
- Explain why it’s important to save.
- Determine goals toward which they want to save.
- Identify savings options.
- Determine which savings options will help them reach their savings goals.
- Recognize investment options that will work for them.
- List ways they could save for retirement.
- List ways to save for large-expense goals, including child’s college tuition, car or home purchase, or a vacation.
Bedford Central: Thursday, May 3rd at 4:00 PM – Cancelled (rescheduled for January 2019)
Big Island: Tuesday, May 8th at 4:00 PM – Cancelled (rescheduled for January 2019)
Moneta/SML: Thursday, May 10th at 4:00 PM – Cancelled (rescheduled for January 2019)
Stewartsvile: Tuesday, May 15th at 4:00 PM
Forest: Wednesday, May 16th at 4:00 PM
Montvale: Thursday, May 24th at 3:30 PM