Join us at your library in 2018 as we learn to be Money $mart!
Each month a representative from Woodforest Bank will cover a different topic from the FDIC’s Money Smart series. This month’s topic is called Check It Out.
By the end of this course, participants will understand how to use a checking account responsibly. To achieve this objective, the participants will be able to:
- State the benefits of using a checking account.
- Determine which checking account is best for them.
- Identify the steps involved in opening a checking account.
- Add and withdraw money from a checking account.
- Reconcile a check register with a bank statement.
- Identify strategies to avoid overdrawing their account.
- Explain how debit cards are linked to checking accounts.
- Recognize how to manage a checking account wisely, with proper debit card use and overdraft programs.
Bedford Central: Thursday, March 1st at 4:00 PM
Moneta/SML: Thursday, March 8th at 4:00 PM
Big Island: Tuesday, March 13th at 4:00 PM
Stewartsvile: Tuesday, March 20th at 4:00 PM
Forest: Wednesday, March 21st at 4:00 PM
Montvale: Thursday, March 22nd at 3:30 PM